Monday, January 18, 2016

To a friend in a different place

Do you recall when we had our last authentic conversation? I believe it was over a drink. As we talked and sipped, I remembered. I remembered that time when our friendship was growing, when we had a place and a purpose in common and an exchange of ideas and experiences and passions that made our relationship blossom.

I remember when we locked gazes as we realized there was an important connection between our hearts. I remember the thrill of realizing you liked me as much as I liked you. I remember when we did life together for a while and it was sweet, even though it wasn’t destined to be for a lifetime.

I also remember how you entrusted me with your pain and how honoured I felt. Your vulnerability was a precious offering that I still treasure.

I miss that. I miss you.

I remember when you had those words of wisdom for me, when you gave me the affirmation I needed. I remember when your words were the very words of God for me. Your insight and encouragement have kept me going more than once.

Our paths have diverged; our contexts separate us. I feel the absence of you in my life. I think about you in quiet moments and I wonder how you are… How you really are. I wish I knew more about your daily routine.

Bless you, my friend. Maybe someday we’ll share a place and a purpose again. Or maybe not. Either way, I want you to know that I’ve never found anyone else like you. Only you are you to me. You are still in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment